We are looking to enable the Explain/Tables tabs in our PMM query analytics dashboard. Without these tabs our clients lack critical debugging tools. These tabs are currently disabled because they leak PII in the form of query parameters.
1) Removes/disables the Examples tab (our clients do not need it and it is a source of PII leak)
2) Scrubs PII from the content of the Explain tab. We would like to know the feasibility of such a patch and associated timelines.
Suggested implementation BE:
1. BE will parse fingerprint and send list of placeholders to FE.
2. FE will create request on BE to get explain result, but instead sending whole query as param it will send only queryid and placeholders arguments.
3. FE getting result as response on previous request.