1) Nothing in pmm-agent logs, even if exporter is failing for some reason, with log level set as warn, end user sees nothing in the pmm-agent logs
1) Setup 2.29.0 pmm-server
2) Setup 2.29.0 pmm-client
3) Try to setup mongo db for monitoring, please remember to use the following parameters, while adding mongodb service (we have a bug on this which is causing exporter to break and hence it was expected to see those errors in the logs)
Kindly change username password & port as per your setup:
"pmm-admin add mongodb --port=27019 --agent-password='testing' --password=secret --username=pmm_mongodb --enable-all-collectors --disable-collectors=topmetrics --service-name=mongodb_test_collections_flag --replication-set=rs0"
4) check pmm-agent logs, journalctl -u pmm-agent.service
1) Why do we have this in the pmm-agent log? Jul 05 07:13:20 ip-10-178-0-251.us-east-2.compute.internal pmm-agent: WARN[2022-07-05T07:13:20.243+00:00] Some logging settings (gRPC tracing) can't be changed without restart.
Does this mean user has to restart pmm-agent? or this is just a warn
2) When I have error in mongodb exporter, I intentionally added a service, I still don't see any error messages in pmm-agent log, I suppose warn was supposed to include error messages too.