- As a PMM user, I've already added some Alerts Rules to IA. Now, I need them to be in Grafana Alerting so I can edit them using the UI.
As a PMM user, I have some "notification channels" in my IA, so I expect them to be converted to Contact points in Alerting. If External Alertmanager was used, as a user, I expect its configurations be moved to Grafana Alerting settings, so my alerting system is not impacted.
- Alert rules from IA are available in Grafana Alert tules UI
In Contact Points - the user has added all his existed Notification channels from IA External Alert manager settings (URL and rules) migrated to Grafana (Admin section), and no user was impacted by this change.
alertmanager inside PMM - ?
Out of scope:
How to test:
- install PMM version that has IA (for example 2.29)
- Enable Integrated Alerting
- Create multiple alert rules (with/without filters, with different labels, etc...)
- Upgrade pmm up to 2.31 version
- Run migration script: https://github.com/percona/pmm/pull/1234/files
- Check that all rules were migrated, and everything works