Status: In Progress
Upgrade can now be done in two ways:
- Using the original approach via pmm-update
- Using the new pmm-server-upgrade approach
The original approach via pmm-update can be disabled via settings - env var "DISABLE_LEGACY_UPDATES=true"
- The CheckUpdates response now includes two new fields
pmm_update_available - tells if pmm-update approach can be used
- server_upgrade_available - tells if the new pmm-server-upgrade is available
- If none of these options is true, we cannot do an upgrade (even if it's available)
- If server_upgrade_available is true, offer the new pmm-server-upgrade option
- Otherwise offer the old pmm-update option
- If server_upgrade_available is false, display a link to the docs which explain how to enable pmm-server-upgrade
- Based on the option selected, properly set the "method" field when calling "StartUpdate" or "UpdateStatus"
- PMM Server update logs
- Make the logs container wider so it can fit longer messages
- Maybe allow horizontal scrolling as well?
- After the PMM Server update has finished
- Keep the logs view opened
- Show a message "Upgrade has finished", instead of saying it was successful. It can actually fail and the error is visible in the logs.