We need an additional Search filter for the full-text search against "Dimension" (Query, Server name, Use, etc )
- as a PMM User, I need to be able to search by QueryID so that I can easily find query I was working before and saved it's ID
- As a PMM User, I need to be able to search by part of Query fingerprint or Service Name or other dimensions together with applied filters so that I can narrow my search in QAN
- In addition to selected filters user can search by part of the text in value of Dimension selected for presentation in QAN
- User can enter part of Query ID key when they looking into Query dimension view
Out Of Scope
- nice error / "404 message" with suggestions to remove some filters or etc.
- Updates screens for QAN
- the feature mentioned in ou rQAN documentation
In PMM v1 we had ability to search by query abstract substring, like described in the doc here: https://www.percona.com/doc/percona-monitoring-and-management/qan.html
In PMM v2 there is no such search bar, and I do not see any ability to filter queries based on some substring / query pattern. PMM v2 documentation still says it's possible to do this: https://www.percona.com/doc/percona-monitoring-and-management/2.x/qan-filtering.html On screenshot there is "Search by Query Abstract, Fingerprint or ID"
Was this search field removed intentionally, or this is some bug? This was very useful thing and I can't believe it was removed