- In some cases, auto color assignment in Grafana is confusing when the colors of opposite metrics are close one to another, so this is easy to confuse the User
- Since we have an unconstant number of labels on Time Series and they can be changed over time - we have problems with Single Stat (error) or on Metrics Graphs (one TS ended the new started for the same Service/Node) we need to edit our formulas to eliminate this problem.
Those 2 problems are not really related, but it looks like it
will be easy to fix them both and test once instead of working 2 times on the same part.
- Colors: we need to define typical Metrics we use in Graphs and assign colors for them. Document colors in Confluence and use in future ONLY this set of colors for metrics
Note: this might affect also the type of metrics ( like: In / Out presentation )
- Time Series problem: Formulas should be modified to return single TS for Service or Node. (we can use "avg") . This should ignore all other labels (note labels can be added to the Service/Node or Service/Node can be removed and added with the same name).
- There will be not clear for the user when Node/Service removed and added back (if there will be a small period of time ) because "the line will be the same color".
We'll solve this later by adding Annotations, for example