- Add a few MySQL services(4-5) to monitoring
- Open MySQL Compare
- Select all service names
- Expand collapsed chart's sections
- Click on Share, select Snapshot tab
- Change Timeout to 150s
- Click on Share with Percona
There's currently an implicit limit on the possible size of dashboard being shared with Percona from PMM. The limit is 1MB. Sharing of dashboards is a feature of Grafana, and as explained in https://github.com/grafana/grafana/issues/9835 the limit is tied to client_max_body_size setting in involved nginx servers.
There are two sides to this problem: "client" (local PMM installation) and "server" (Percona Snapshot-sharing Grafana). client_max_body_size should be increased from default 1MB to some higher value (10MB was discussed) universally.
1. On PMM installation side, with default client_max_body_size sharing a dashboard with size larger than 1MB results in the following error logged:
2. With the above worked around by adding client_max_body_size 2m; to the installation's nginx, snapshot sharing is failing on Percona side's nginx, with the following being logged on PMM side grafana.log:
To reproduce "local" issue (point 1), the easiest way to go is to add client_max_body_size 1k;, so that sharing almost any dashboard will fail. For point 2, sufficiently large dashboard will have to be shared.
Existing workaround is to share few dashboards of narrower time frame instead of one dashboard covering the whole time frame desired to be shared.