The Problem: we need to limit the number of people who will use DBaaS during the Beta process.
We have several stages for this:
- people intentionally do some actions to activate this feature but we'll not cover it in documentation (Environment variable )
- people will be able to turn the feature in UI (Setting page )
- We'll enable it by default
The scope of this issue is (1).
The scope of the feature is UI presentation. we don't need complications on Backed/build side for this. So a user who not activated DBaaS can have all components running in his pmm server, without exposing this on UI
Proposed solution: Env. variable. So we'll tell people we want to test this to turn it ON and see DBaaS features
- The user is able to pass some Env. var to activate DBaaS on pmm server
- if PMM server has var activated - users should see DBaaS UI features.
- If DBaas not activted - no DBaaS feratures on UI