The Problem: we need to limit the number of people who will use DBaaS during the Beta process.
We have several stages for this:
- people intentionally do some actions to activate this feature but we'll not cover it in documentation (Environment variable )
- people will be able to turn the feature in UI (Setting page )
- We'll enable it by default
The scope of this issue is (1).
The scope of the feature is Backend for UI part. So a user who not activated DBaaS can have all components running in his pmm server, without exposing this on UI. For it we need to provide new field in settings API with a value read from environment variable.
- The user is able to pass some Env. var to activate DBaaS on pmm server
- if PMM server has var activated - user should see it in Settings API.
- Parse ENV Variable from PMM-6566 as boolean value.
- Add new field to settings API response.
- Return parsed value as new field in settings API.
- It may require to save parsed value to db and then extract it from db to response.