- As a PMM user, I need to have my Table metrics not being collected when the number of tables in DB is big so that the system will not be overloaded with metrics collection
`disable-tablestats` flag used as before but includes one additional collector to be excluded "info_schema.innodb_tablespaces"
- For the system with more than 1000 (as current default) tables when we disable some collectors in mysqld exporter we must exclude info_schema.innodb_tablespaces metrics collection too.
- Documentation Update
- Have in documentation list of collectors we disable by flag disable-tablestats
- Add information that it's now include info_schema.innodb_tablespaces.
- Describe the behavior of already monitored systems where the flag is used after the update to the new version (client or server ? )
Out of scope:
1. Remove collect.info_schema.innodb_tablespaces from here: https://github.com/percona/pmm-managed/blob/PMM-2.0/services/agents/mysql.go#L42:L42
2. Add collect.info_schema.innodb_tablespaces here: https://github.com/percona/pmm-managed/blob/PMM-2.0/services/agents/mysql.go#L79:L79
3. Remove collect.info_schema.innodb_tablespaces here: https://github.com/percona/pmm-managed/blob/1b79357f4ef7037243e532c07d3cb8f6ceee7ee4/services/victoriametrics/scrape_configs.go#L324
4. Add collect.info_schema.innodb_tablespaces here: https://github.com/percona/pmm-managed/blob/1b79357f4ef7037243e532c07d3cb8f6ceee7ee4/services/victoriametrics/scrape_configs.go#L332
5. Check if all tests works, otherwise fix them.
How to test:
Run this in mysql to create 1 500 tables in selected database:
Tables should be created now. Then continue with these steps (1st comment here): https://jira.percona.com/browse/PMM-7227?focusedCommentId=275234&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#/comment-275234
Hello PMM team
we have a customer with huge amount of servers and each server have massive numbers of tables as well
We disabled the next params
but the next queries still pilling up, and some times these queries are killing the server until it's unreachable
This is the number of tables for one server
is there another option to enable PMM client without killing the server? maybe another param to disable?
Please let us know any comments.