Impact on the user:
- User is unable to change Settings if some other parameters/settings passed over Env. Variables
Steps to reproduce:
- start PMM
docker run -d -p 80:80 -p 443:443 --volumes-from pmm-puneet-20200417050711-12155-data --name=pmm-puneet-20200417050711-12155-server -e DATA_RETENTION=48h -e DISABLE_TELEMETRY=true perconalab/pmm-server:dev-latest
Go to PMM Settings page and change any options, like Custom resolution or enable any Feature Toggle
- Error because one of the parameters can't be changed, and other parameters you expected not saved
- No changes in parameters specified by Env. variables if they are not changed by the user
- no option for the user to change parameters passed by Env. variable
- Parameters are not passed by Env. variables and changed - changed successfully
Use API calls to change only "not disabled" (not passed by env. variable) parameters
Build a PMM2 monitor using the docker image.
Set 4392h (183 days) of retention using the -e DATA_RETENTION variable in the docker run command
Attempt to enable the security threat tool generates the error: "Data retention for queries is set via DATA_RETENTION environment variable" and STT is not enabled.
Data retention shown in the UI accurately reflects that of the set variable and is not being changed.
- is duplicated by
PMM-9787 Can't change PMM Advanced Settings if data retention is set through environment
PMM-5791 Passing Env Variable to PMM Server docker run, can't use PMM Settings UI any more
- relates to
PMM-7705 Simplify display of features in technical preview to easily identify them and their current state
- has to be done before