As a user, I want to monitor my Kubernetes cluster to be able to see the current status of my cluster.
- User able to register K8s cluster into PMM using UI / API
- User able to see metrics about NODES in K8s cluster (Autodiscovery? )
- User able to see Container metrics (Autodiscovery? )
Out of scope:
- K8s Dashboards
- Containers and Services are presented on the same dashboards as bare-metal services and nodes so the user able to see DB metrics together with Node/container metrics
- Adding standard label for K8s
- CLI for DBaaS
Run Victoriametrics operator
- Setup crds and operator
- Setup vmagent RBAC
- Run VMAgent
- Replace `remoteWrite` field with a path to our VM Service
- Apply vmnodescrape to collect node metrics
- Run vmpodscrape to collect pod metrics
- Install one of those dashboards
How to test:
- Setup public address in settings
- register K8s cluster
- check advanced data exploration dashboard for cadvisor related new metrics.
- How we will add kubernetes cluster to monitoring?
- Is it ok to request PMM public server address to be able to setup monitoring?