Some data points needed for the new checks are not metrics, so Exporters do not capture them. But they are essential for the creation of good quality checks.
The ability to get data from getDiagnosticData and replSetGetStatus from checks themself can solve this limitation.
- just an additional type in check format
- New commands reflected in Check documentation
Out Of Scope:
- Custom/flexible commands
How to test:
- In attachment two yml files to test replSetGetStatus and getDiagnosticData commands
- New check types work only with pmm-agent version >=2.27. Since we don't have it yet, env PMM_RELEASE_VERSION should be set to 2.27.0 before assembly binaries
- replSetGetStatus doesn't work against non-replicated DBs
- Provided checks from files generates results with warning (Major) severity to ensure the checks work