**Reported in Launchpad by Mihaly Arva-Toth last update 21-01-2016 11:18:07
I tried with latest 5.6.14-rel62.0-483 Percona build on Ubuntu Precise.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Set max_heap_table_size and tmp_table_size both to 16M.
2. Create a simple MEMORY type table with one column varchar().
3. Fill this table with lot of data (INSERT).
4. When you get back "is full", DELETE some rows for example 100.
5. At this time you should can to make new INSERT this table, because not should be full.
6. But you can not INSERT row because engine report "is full" still.
7. Execute ALTER TABLE <table_name> ENGINE=MEMORY; query.
8. And now you CAN insert new records.
I attached a simple Ruby test script, which does same things above.