Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
**Reported in Launchpad by Jericho Rivera last update 20-06-2017 08:07:54
Since PXB 2.3.2 and 2.4.x, when taking a backup using xtrabackup binary (eg in v2.4.5) instead of innobackupex the GTID position is not recorded unless you specify --binlog-info=ON during backup phase.
- cat xtrabackup/xtrabackup_binlog_info
- cat xtrabackup/xtrabackup_info
uuid = 5b6db0a4-c6cb-11e6-807f-00163e7d7303
tool_name = xtrabackup
tool_command = --user=root --password=... --backup --target-dir=/root/backups/xtrabackup/
tool_version = 2.4.5
ibbackup_version = 2.4.5
server_version = 5.7.16-10-log
start_time = 2016-12-20 15:45:37
end_time = 2016-12-20 15:45:39
lock_time = 0
innodb_from_lsn = 0
innodb_to_lsn = 252679027
partial = N
incremental = N
format = file
compact = N
compressed = N
encrypted = N
PXB defaults to --binlog-info=AUTO based on the manual - https://www.percona.com/doc/percona-xtrabackup/2.4/advanced/lockless_bin-log.html.
During the prepare phase, xtrabackup creates the xtrabackup_binlog_info file but it does not have the GTID coordinates needed to setup replication on the slave.
How to repeat:
- Setup master 5.7.16 with GTID enabled
- execute `xtrabackup --backup --target-dir=/path`
- check `xtrabackup_info` and `binlog_pos=` line is empty
- run `xtrabackup --prepare --target-dir=path`, `xtrabackup_binlog_info` is created but no GTID coordinates
- do the same but use `innobackupex /path`, from the onset you'll see that `binlog_pos=` is populated in `xtrabackup_info` file and `xtrabackup_binlog_info` has proper GTID coordinates.
Not sure if this is a doc issue where we should notify users to use --binlog-info=ON when taking backups from GTID based servers or needs a code fix.