If we use only query analytics, by disabling MySQL metrics agent, the Explain and Tables tabs stop working, with the following message:
See screenshots attached, for before and after.
Steps to reproduce:
- Add all services
- pmm-admin add mysql ...
- give it some time for it to collect queries correctly
- test that Explain and Tables tabs are working correctly in QAN dashboard
- Remove MySQL metrics exporter/agent
- pmm-admin list
- get agent ID for mysql metrics
- pmm-admin inventory remove agent /agent_id/68dd87c1-4246-43ef-bb6b-5f524c1089d5
- test Explain and Tables tabs again, to find errors as shown in attached screenshots
Now we use mysqld_exporter agent as single source of credentials, I suggest to use qan agent as primary source and then if it doesn't exist check other agent types related to current service type.